RE: [N8VEM-S100:4246] Re: A windows based program to write a CPM3 image to a CF card for the S100 IDE board

May be a bad card Dave, but be aware sometimes CPM gets confused with MSDOS used/formatted disks.  Doing an ERA X:*.*  does not always work.

Just FYI, when I want to quickly and safely mirror copy one disk across to another

I use MYIDE, select the second drive (my case F:). Use the F menu to format the complete drive.

Reboot,

PIP F:=A:*.*[RV]

If other user areas, go to them too.

Then select the F: drive and use HSYSGEN to put the loader on the boot sectors of the F: drive.

Remember there can be sys files, so you need the [R] option.

There are other ways to do this but this is fastest, most reliable

I have had CF cards that give PIP (usually verify) errors if not formatted first.

John