[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: S-100 VDP prototype board PCBs are here
- To: N8VEM-S100 <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
- Subject: Re: S-100 VDP prototype board PCBs are here
- From: Elsid <le...@swiftdsl.com.au>
- Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:08:52 -0800 (PST)
- Authentication-results: ls.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of le...@swiftdsl.com.au designates internal as permitted sender) smtp.mail=le...@swiftdsl.com.au; dkim=pass head...@swiftdsl.com.au
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <000a01ccc68a$e9897cf0$bc9c76d0$@YAHOO.COM> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: G2/1.0
I think I have most if not all of the parts for the VDP now.
I will most likely build the board this weekend.
What were you going to try as far as software?
I thought I'd try building a text driver for CP/M 3 first, though it
would be nice to see MSX running on an S-100 machine.
On Feb 8, 4:37 am, "Neil Breeden" <nbre...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm wondering who else is testing / building an S-100 VDP board?
> I have my board assembled and all the parts in hand with the exception of
> one part, the 1.2V zener/voltage reference. Nobody in my area stocks the
> voltage reference listed in the schematic, I'm waiting to get an order above
> the minimum on Digikey so I can kick off an order.
> From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On
> Behalf Of Andrew Lynch
> Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:35 PM
> To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [N8VEM-S100:634] S-100 VDP prototype board PCBs are here
> I've already sent S-100 VDP prototype board PCBs to Dave and Neil for build
> and test.
> However if anyone else would like to participate in the build and test phase
> please let me know.
> This is going to be a fun project and has the potential for somewhat VGA
> It also lays the foundation for a potential MSX2 compatibility for the S-100
> That's unprecedented AFAIK. It could be very interesting!
> It is not recommended for new builders though -- this will be "blood and
> guts" all the way!
> Thanks and have a nice day!
> Andrew Lynch