[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:1429] My IMSAI youtube video
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:1429] My IMSAI youtube video
- From: Douglas Goodall <douglas...@mac.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:05:23 -0800
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of douglas...@mac.com designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=douglas...@mac.com
- In-reply-to: <233330084.29025781360788113120.JavaMail.root@dsmdc-mail-mbs7>
- References: <233330084.29025781360788113120.JavaMail.root@dsmdc-mail-mbs7>
That is a very pretty computer.
Are you selling the entire system, chassis and floppy subsystem?
On Feb 13, 2013, at 12:41 PM, litte...@mchsi.com wrote:
> My day off and board...
> I'm preparing to sell one of my Imsai's so I
> decided to make a video showing it works.
> I used my girlfriends 14mp digital camera.
> Unfortunately I'm not a good photographer and
> never did a youtube video before.
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "N8VEM-S100" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to n8vem-s100+...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
Douglas Goodall, http://goodall.com
Note: I don't use messenger, or skype, or facebook, chat programs in general. Having always-on open communication links through massive public servers I don't have control over seems like too much of an invitation to be infected by a virus or bot. It is bad enough that my Mac wants to stay in periodic contact with Apple's cloud. Skype was tempting before Microsoft bought them. There have been too many examples of remote session links being abused by vendor employees. Even "back to my mac" makes me nervous. There was a recent episode where Apple cooperated with a social engineer and compromised someone's entire electronic persona. If you want to speak with me, calling me on the phone works well, and you don't have to wonder if the electronic mail got through or not. When I say "Hello, this is Doug", you know who you are talking to. Just in case you were curious.