I'd say that the 6502 CPU PCB is never going to happen given only 6 (3+2+1) requests at the moment (which I'll increase to 7 (3+2+2) :->). It's a "lost cause", which would be very sad. What could be done to make it more "interesting" to a wider audience?
If it has a intrinsically-limited audience, could we work out a higher per-board cost against a smaller run and see if we can find a trade-point that will get-it-done? I think that you earlier said that you were paying $150 for 4 boards with tin-connectors (so ~$40 per board)? If we had, say, 8 or 10 or 12 orders (half our usual threshold) what would be our options?
In effect, I suppose we could think of this as a 2-fer where boards cost $40+6 each (and a "3 board" order ends up with 6 boards at the usual 6-board price).
Just exploring options in "viable". Otherwise I'd say that the 6502 CPU PCB "is toast" :-<.
On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Andrew Lynch <LYN...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Ron! Thanks! There are three S-100 Regular prototyping board PCBs left so go ahead and get them.
I am starting to think I should have gotten a larger order of the PCBs since they are going quickly. Some boards go fast and others go slow. I am kind of getting the hang of this but not quite yet. I know Z80 CPUs, backplanes, IDE, prototyping boards, ZFDCs, and some others go fast and I should order extras.
I am patiently waiting for this darned S-100 68K CPU board to complete PCB trace route optimization. This board would try the patience of Job. It is on the second pass and looking good. It can’t be too much more. If it goes on much longer I may just take it as it is and press with it. We’ve got good momentum going and I’d like to keep it rolling.
Regarding S-100 PCB reorders, what would you and others like to see next? I am thinking S-100 4MB SRAM boards and S-100 IDE V2’s are always popular. On the waiting list the two highest boards are the S-100 IDE V2 and S-100 buffered prototyping boards.
Please see the attached S-100 waiting list. The boards on the far right-hand side are all still in development. The S-100 6502 V2 CPU board is ready to go to order as soon as there are enough to warrant a viable PCB manufacturing order. Also the S-100 uPD7220 GDC is ready to go whenever as well. It is in a quasi-developmental state yet but probably could go straight to manufacturing since it worked so well on the ECB side. The design is pretty solid I think.
Thanks and have a nice day!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "N8VEM-S100" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to n8vem-s100+...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.