[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:846] S-100 Prototyping Board
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:846] S-100 Prototyping Board
- From: Tom Lafleur <laf...@lafleur.us>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:42:47 -0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 188.8.131.52 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of laf...@lafleur.us) smtp.mail=laf...@lafleur.us
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <49024949.6035441336923689606.JavaMail.root@dsmdc-mail-mbs7> <4FB11D93.email@example.com> <006c01cd31ec$31b15300$9513f900$@YAHOO.COM> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In re-reading my email, I noted that I used the wrong size for the
rom, I would like to see a 2732 or C64 device or EEprom equiv.
If only one Rom, it should be a C64, with a jumper to select the full
device or lower or upper half of the device... easer to find part.
Room for a 27C32 or 27C64 boot/monitor rom or EEprom equiv
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Tom Lafleur <laf...@lafleur.us> wrote:
> In reference to:
> I'd like to make similar board with the main purpose of helping hobbyists make a minimal booting system.
> Basically a CPU board with another simple board with minimal SRAM, boot ROM, and IO enough to get the system going into a debug monitor.
> Yes, I am very much in favor of this....
> what I would like to see:
> Using two, 512x8 Ram for 1MB ram (CP/M 3.0)
> room for a 32x8 or 64x8 boot/monitor rom
> PC keyboard and VGA out...
> a bonus: add a IDE CF card
> tom lafleur
> On Monday, May 14, 2012 9:10:54 AM UTC-7, lynchaj wrote:
>> Hi Don! Thanks! Last year Neil sent me a design for a similar board. Please see the attached message. This project is on the back burner awaiting resolution of the current boards in work.
>> I'd like to make similar board with the main purpose of helping hobbyists make a minimal booting system. Basically a CPU board with another simple board with minimal SRAM, boot ROM, and IO enough to get the system going into a debug monitor.
>> Thanks and have a nice day!
>> Andrew Lynch
~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~