Re: [N8VEM-S100:1646] IMSAI 8080 CPU card replacement

We need to keep it SIMPLE.

Sent from my Phone

On May 11, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Crusty OMO <crus...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,

My design definitely requires refinement to make it IEEE696 compliant.  It started off as a single board replacement, but if we are going to make it into a nice board, it needs more attention to the S-100 details.  I'm neck deep in my next project at the moment (building a Floppy Disk reader at the read pulse level).  But when I can get my prototype back in my hands, I'll continue this design (and add the Altair connector).

I should be getting my Alair in a couple of weeks, so I'll shelve this project until then.  If anyone has time to work on it, then I'd love to get more advise.

PS. How should Phantom work?  Does it just override the Chip Select of the RAM?

PPS. I have the book "Interfacing to S-100 / IEE696 microcomputers" by Sol Libes and Mark Garetz.  Very good book, feel free to reference any pages in it.

:)J