Re: [N8VEM-S100:5802] Re: NKK Switches for Mini FP

I don't have my IMSAI a disassembled but that kind of bracket did it use?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 9, 2014, at 4:07 PM, Don Caprio <cap...@uxpro.com> wrote:

Frank did a great job on the bracket. He was kind enough to build a prototype and
shipped to me complete with screws at his own expense. Thanks again Frank. I
truly appreciate the effort.

The bracket in the dxf drawing is great however I would consider it a permanent part.
The bracket has to sit under the switch flange. Screws pass through the flange
and thread into the bracket. So once the switches are soldered in the bracket can not
be removed.

I took Franks bracket which was made out of PCB material, cut a slot in one side and
then was able to lift the bracket off from underneath the switches. Had the bracket been
made out of steel or aluminum it would have gotten bent/distorted.

My modified design is basically just a flat bar 1/2 inch wide with tails that extend one
inch that can be use for mounting. You'll have to cut, trim and drill depending on your
chassis design. Two of these bars could be used for the top and bottom of the switch
which would add more strain relief.

If we want a better bracket perhaps this would be a better design. It could be used as
a soldering jig or a removable mounting bracket. It will involve more effort/expense.
I'm thinking it could be made from PCB material and we could have it done by one
of the board houses. I know my board house does these.

<SwitchBracketEnd.gif>

So what do ya think? Keep those suggestions coming.

Thank you.