RE: [N8VEM-S100:1660] IMSAI 8080 CPU card replacement

I would lean towards the 8250, just to be near the 8080A ball park.  But, I think the 16450 and 16550 are both drop in replacements for the 8250?

.

Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 08:29:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:1660] IMSAI 8080 CPU card replacement
From: laf...@lafleur.us
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com

Yes, me too, I prefer 16550A UART or equiv, easy to interface, easy driver, cheap, easy to get!, built in baud rate generator...

tom...

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Jack Rubin <j...@ckrubin.us> wrote:

Yes, nice set of features. I’d prefer the dumbest UART possible – all values set by jumpers/switches so no software init is required – but that may be a bit too old school.

Jack