Re: A windows based program to write a CPM3 image to a CF card for the S100 IDE board

Hi David,

create a file with 512 E5's in it and call it dummy.file for example.  Then run mkfs.cpm  -f s100ide -b dummy.file -b CPMLDR.COM  s100ide.img

This will create the cpm filesystem for you called s100ide.img as long as you have in diskdefs the s100ide definition.  This will put the CPMLDR.COM on the boot track in the correct place.
Then use cpmcp  to copy cpm3.sys and other files on to the filesystem and you should be good to go.

I am working on a simple bat file that will start with CPMLDR.COM and CPM3.SYS built for prop con and serial I/O - with unique names.  You are prompted for your console type and it will then copy the appropriate CPMLDR.COM and CPM3.SYS to their correct names and then do the rest of the magic (create the image file with cpmldr.com in boot track, cpm3.sys and ccp.com on the filesystem and the cpm3 distribution files will also be copied).   I don't think it will be hard to get this running.  Hopefully I will have done over the weekend.  Need to test it as well.   Then will extend for the same combinations for banked CPM.

Dave