RE: [N8VEM-S100:5722] need an EPROM Programmer

It took me some time to figure out how to disable the CHIP ID feature/pain-in-the-neck.  For some reason, the software doesn't display nicely on my monitor, so I need to scroll the window to find the "Check device ID" check box.

The 2716's are funny, there are 2 types of 2716's.  The popular 2716 from Intel and everyone else, and the TMS2617 from TI and Motorola.
The TMS2716 requires a 3 voltage supply, which requires a special programmer like the the 2708 (which is also 3 rail power).

Here's a large list of various 2716's
IC Master 1982 (Vol II,Page 3015) list of 2716 parts: (single +5V unless otherwise noted)
AMD        AM2716
AMD        AM2716-1
AMD        AM2716-2
AMD        AM2716M