[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:1495] New/Old Project (Altair restoration)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:1495] New/Old Project (Altair restoration)
- From: David Riley <frave...@gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:38:05 -0400
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of frave...@gmail.com designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=frave...@gmail.com; dkim=pass head...@gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:content-type:mime-version:subject:from:x-priority :in-reply-to:date:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to :x-mailer; bh=ghm1IozI6bIanPCIVVOukFoUX5PDn66SSubUmRPXXuw=; b=0ybg6ETorBhDVO/qwSv2IVRd3qZ8zp8aYSFaqHh4GankQO+Z2X5kWalmPi8EC3V4zg xWGtHdLyEP02019SlfDnfYUnIc7s6H8vBo/nQ8gOuRScx/pnrdwW3TjI6nUqUnh1t8NZ sOcHzZx+GAWL17jmxC5iQgF6LAO41pmUFvcZd9i+7VXumTL11xUPTwDL3oEqHnCnAZN0 e24jmVgDg1i3t6UZSIaDSZfBhBNako2r6SKRe3zfOpO+Oop2KFCkKQKi5JI0R7/8if7W L2Q5hjlQoJaKEbp+/Ibl03YCoAwmI3EJGVY+Zm+xswFi4VVtD/O25pNsjjDTAXDDiXzj hnIg==
- In-reply-to: <000801ce1cf3$9cb6cf20$1701a8c0@linkstar011>
- References: <000801ce1cf3$9cb6cf20$1701a8c0@linkstar011>
On Mar 9, 2013, at 1:26 PM, "Eric Osman" <er...@osmancrew.com> wrote:
> Hi Josh -
> If that yellow jack on the new TVs will work, then I should be fine, as we have a small one that isn't being used, except occasionally in the guest room.
Just be aware that newer digital TVs aren't always friendly with older composite sources that weren't necessarily 100% in spec. For example, my TV from about 3 years ago has a very hard time even syncing to an Apple II or NES output, and their composite decoders are NASTY when it comes to anything digital. If you can scrounge up an old TV that has a composite interface (the cheaper the better, because the cheaper ones had sloppier control loops that were a lot more tolerant of bad inputs) and have space for it, you'll be a lot happier. Craigslist is often a good source to get one for free, since no one wants to have to haul one to the dump.