Re: A new 16MB S100 Bus static RAM board

put me down for 2 16mb boards thaanks

Casey :)

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:03:51 PM UTC-8, monahanz wrote:

Back over 2 years ago Andrew and I put together an S100 bus “4MB Static RAM board” with IEE-696 8/16bit data carrying capacity.  This board has proven to be very popular and very reliable.  Over 30 boards were already made and distributed to users.  However in our quest to install 16 and 32 bit CPU’s on the S100 bus, 4MG has started to look like a limitation.  The S100 bus is capable of addressing up to 16MG. For this 4 of the above boards would be needed.

Over the past few years the price and availability of high speed static RAM’s have changed dramatically.    It is now feasible to place 16MB of high speed IEE-696 8/16 bit RAM on a single board.   A prototype of this board is described here:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/16M%20RAM%20Board/16MG%20RAM%20Board.htm

It’s unclear what the interest is in people obtaining a “commercial style” bare board like this. I will definitely be getting 4 for myself. If you absolutely need one sooner rather than later let Andrew know we can include you in the early “first batch”.   Otherwise stay tuned for a later group purchase by (hopefully) a group member that will organize a larger purchase - at a lower price. If there is group member right now that could coordinate a purchase all the better.