RE: [N8VEM-S100:4622] S100 68K issue

Good luck with it Dave. I had not tried out the IDE routines in the 68K monitor. I got it as fear as hand cross coding the 8086 routines and to assemble with no errors.   Glad you are catching these subtle issues.

If we are to shorten pWR* there are a couple of flip flops available on U37, but I have to confess I don’t really know what Wilcox had going on there.

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of yoda
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:51 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Cc: mon...@vitasoft.org
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:4622] S100 68K issue

Hi John,

I plan to tonight - btw still have not gotten IDE board to work yet with 68K (I think the problem is with writing registers - read seems to be OK so the pWR* maybe the issue) - though I did get the disk select to work with the mods I have made so far.  Also on you monitor code you will have problems in your IDEWr routine as you do an ori with a memory location which is a port - the 8255 will not be able to do the read modify write so you need to do an ori with register and move the register to the port - I fell into same trap - I think a long session with Mr. Logic Analyzer and I will figure out what is going on.

Dave