From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Crusty OMO
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:52 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:6335] Meanwell QP-200F Power Supply

Hi Bob,

Regarding my advice on the Siemens FDD-100 8" floppy drives, it sounds like you are the master there and I may need to take a lesson or two from you.  As for selling my drives, they are in use with my IMSAI, so until I get an IMSAI floppy drive, I must keep them.

Regarding 78xx regulators, I've never seen one short before.  In all my experience, they either go totally open, or they just fail to put out enough current but the regulated voltage is still there on an open load.

But, I still like the idea of running the S-100 bus at 5V, +/- 12V and using readily available and inexpensive PC power supplies.

Regards,
Josh