[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:2403] 6502 CPU Board V1 components question
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:2403] 6502 CPU Board V1 components question
- From: David Riley <frave...@gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:31:40 -0500
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of frave...@gmail.com designates 2607:f8b0:400d:c00::22e as permitted sender) smtp.mail=frave...@gmail.com; dkim=pass head...@gmail.com; dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=b09DEqi4tu41cF6SPk2q0nw9voPVroUwT3lwLCkFhyE=; b=BPGtM+rPOK+kNT1KmaMu7/9/volyIghO0NUEDXa2qXCOK5Uz7kMGMKOhdtmDK5Ai+M cbIfglpLwECH1ue1SepeuuR/sVL4IVd0pt+82HsqtWIRsJOv3wGfBi7U/DZsrcLEVXJs k0Mfv4ENmks0U47Rq/RIFNxNJX/bcRYYJcvqGUjQmNb5p5PLtrE88odSYH2h+w/bFzsD xXfhwt3gAKas+Lsm7EhZtduUrHf2Kdc2RUa7enUb2SeBxRRrf47J9EGlvNWtCArXl433 1SIkAd5bRn0jnvfZ9ZN1rwqPzN8bWcvLmqmhoMn82YirWyCrmkKyCL5ir0RpsxAqkjFy hTrw==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Feb 16, 2014, at 11:56 AM, Fabio Battaglia <hkzl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm still waiting for the components I need to complete my Z80 V2 board (which are still one week away...), but I noticed I have almost everything I need for the 6502 V1 card (http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/6502%20Board/Printing%20S100_6502-sch1.pdf) except two items, so I'm going on with this one.
> The first component I'm missing is the bunch of 1.3kOHM resistor networks, and can't find them for sale anywhere with reasonable shipping: I do have loads of 1k3, 5%, 0.25W resistors. Would 5% tolerance be OK if I build the networks myself?
> Second component is C5 capacitor on the output of the 7805 regulator: Is there any reason for it to be 1.2uF, or can I just go with the reccomended value in my regulator datasheet?
5% should be fine; 5% was actually the "expensive" grade of resistor when these parts were new. 1K, more or less, is generally just a nominal value unless it's for a termination network (e.g. for SCSI), in which case you usually want the given value with a 5% tolerance to match the characteristic impedance of the transfer medium.
The recommended value in the datasheet should probably be fine; you don't want an output cap that's too big on a 78xx part, because when you cut off the power supply, you could end up reverse-biasing the regulator if there's a lot of stored energy in the cap, and my recollection is that the 78xx regulators don't have much in the way of protection. You can always drop a diode from output to input to protect it, though that's obviously not ideal if the PCB doesn't already allow for that.