Re: [N8VEM-S100:1837] S-100 68K CPU board V3

On 14 August 2013 19:03, Vince Mulhollon <vincemu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:09:20 PM UTC-5, yoda wrote:
>
> SBUS from SUN is (obviously) perfect for 68000 series and I donno about its
> pinout or mechanical hardware, but if I recall correctly it had 96 pins
> exactly like the DIN41612 in the ECB project, in fact you could probably
> re-define the pins on a off the shelf ECB backplane to handle sbus?  Maybe?
> Call it the ECB-SBUS?

Did Sun ever ship a 68k based system with SBUS? I thought it was first
introduced with the SPARCstation 1...
(Not that that would necessarily preclude it from use - availability
for SBUS network and SCSI is still pretty reasonable, though it will
obviously dry up over time)