Get the ZFDC controller to format a disk...

I have a problem with the ZFDC controller to format a disk.
My system contains the following boards at this stage:

I am able to do all R/W tests with a IBM3740 formatted disk with success.
When i try to format the disk as a IBM3740 disk the controller stays locked with the HALT LED & the WP LED on, until i reset the system.
I have no clue, which problem the controller have at these moment.

Frank