[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:2871] Help Programming PAL's/GAL's
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:2871] Help Programming PAL's/GAL's
- From: Rob Doyle <radi...@gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 00:15:50 -0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of radi...@gmail.com designates 2607:f8b0:400e:c03::235 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=radi...@gmail.com; dkim=pass head...@gmail.com; dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=LnZIZygEliFYgTXuGx5mez+LT8Qz71vJ/692OGtbFbI=; b=yZYY2J0iDlDvt3xxTg5bwpe+b6SComywX8/nGwCIWNEneFnpb04qhERbXsYR1Uv8XD 73LXF7Nam0HCsyyyZs8J1l49UTFFyBMtSM+vbofrtREUQaXGAQuYzqQ1q2AoIdEvyUb6 Z3fCC6s00Lp0WURruxvg1aKZY7zcfoxsHKFTZRWN8gFnL+a+F6zWCuBtamju/N84wCn4 G0G9ub4ygY7xr9yzqmtJv/dfHvErX8487Tjwhd9AFKT5mz+QbEgG3Nzdn2zVWf3YZr9Z iKBRNlgmUXMNxFViGgLFJw4W0mif1a4SdiSersJHv1h7vF1t56nkzJkiVvcmxNN3sAKM aHFg==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <532DDC42.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0
When you're done -
I'd be interested in a review of that programmer. It looks nice on paper.
On 3/22/2014 1:35 PM, John Monahan wrote:
Very interesting Rob!
AMD calls their GALS PALCExxx. Looking at the pinouts, the NS, AMD and Lattice PAL and GAL 16V8's all look the same.
But based on your observation I set the Wellon VP-290 to think it was programming National Semi GAL's and would you believe it programmed OK! Interestingly, if I add the "verify" option, it fails to program correctly. But at least the pins in hardware behave as expected. Clearly a very simple set of equations, will obviously have to do more.
But I may have a solution, thanks for the pointer.
Will also see what Wellon says (they are quite helpful with e-mails BTW).
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Doyle
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:2870] Help Programming PAL's/GAL's
On 3/21/2014 9:31 PM, monahanz wrote:
Has anybody in this group had experience in the past programming
I helped some of the folks recreating the Heathkit H89 with more modern parts a few months ago.
The original H89 used fusable link PROMs as decoders - which are mostly unobtainable or expensive. I redesigned the logic so that we could use a bunch of GAL16V8s.
I uses the PALASM4 Ver 1.5 from:
I also used DOSBOX.
I don't see anything wrong with your design.
I don't think PALASM4 supports GALS. Somehow the person that built the board converted from 16L8 format to 16V8 format.
I wouldn't assume that a .JED file for a 16L8 would work with a 16V8.
The JED file is a fusemap.
Also different manufacturers have different programming algorithms.
What part are you using, exactly?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "N8VEM-S100" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to n8vem-s100+...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.