Re: [N8VEM-S100:1004] S-100 backplane request for help

Sorry - I haven't been following this thread, but especially when building new
boards, why not scrap on-board regulation and just run +5 and +12 volts on the
power rails? Cuts cost and heat rejection. Modern switching supplies are
well-enough regulated not to need the margin of the old linears. Godbout (and
others?) went to this strategy on their later systems.

Jack