From: mon...@vitasoft.org
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:2383] Z-80 V2 component questions
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 22:09:52 -0800

Hi Joe,

On C3 I have seen it done both ways.   Most old S100 boards have a large cap here typically 20-30 uF, however often they skimp of board 0.1uF’s around the board.

Somewhere I seem to remember in a Voltage regulator book it was important to have a small ~0.1uF cap near the regulator output pin.   Honestly on these boards it probably does not matter since Andrew has a 0.1uF cap for almost every IC on the board.

Yes no D2, D7 & D8. These boards go through many revisions where items are dropped/added etc.  (often from circuits on other boards).  Once or twice Andrew and I tried to clean up the terminology -  IC numbers etc. Got badly burned with tracer errors,  so right now it things work we leave them alone.

Yes any numbers in boxes are ohms.  The 220 ohms resistors can be moved up to 420 or greater if you don’t like a bright LED burning your eyes out!

Good luck with the board.

John